The annual Spring Book Sale happens Friday & Saturday, May 13 -14 and the basement shelves are overflowing with books. This is the perfect time to stock up on summer reading for the beach, riding-in-the-car, lounging by the pool, or waiting for the rain to stop.
You’ll find histories, mysteries, sci-fi, westerns, bird books, bug books, books for kids and books for teens... enough to fill your book bag and then some. You might even find a DVD or two, maybe a sound recording. There are many treasures to be found, and the Friends of Candor Free Library have been busy sorting and shelving and stacking to make it a bit easier for you to find what you're looking for.
How to make your Book Sale fun and stress-free:
- Bring sturdy canvas bags (except for bag sale).
- Bring smaller bills.
- Give kids their own money and let them buy the books they want (there's a kid's section).
- Try an author you've never read.
- Choose books with a theme: names of states in the title.
- Choose a book by its cover
- Choose a book in a genre you've never read
Spring Book Sale hours are:
- Friday, May 13 from 10 am - 8 pm
- Saturday, May 14 from 10 am - 4 pm