perfect time to stock up on beach reading, riding-in-the-car books, rainy day novels, poolside paperbacks and it's-too-hot-to-mow-the-lawn books.
You'll find histories, mysteries, sci-fi, crafts, kid's books, cook books, romance, western... enough to fill your book bag and then some. You might even find a DVD or two, maybe a sound recording. There are many treasures to be found, and the Friends of Candor Free Library have been busy sorting and shelving and stacking to make it a bit easier for you to find what you're looking for.
How to make your Book Sale fun and stress-free:
Bring sturdy canvas bags (except for bag sale) - some people even bring rolling suitcases.
Bring smaller bills.
Give kids their own money and let them buy the books they want (there's a kid's section).
- Try an author you've never read.
- Choose books with a theme: names of states in the title.
- Choose a book by its cover
- Choose a book in a genre you've never read
Spring Book Sale hours are:
- Friday, May 15 from 10 am - 8 pm
- Saturday, May 16 from 10 am - 4 pm